Our values and commitment
We consider Sustainability as a fundamental part of our Corporate Social Values and a prerequisite in all our activities. The subject requires continuous improvement and involves everyone within AGC.
Therefore, we are committed to:
- Ensure a healthy and safe workplace for our employees,
- Develop products that significantly contribute to a better world,
- Reduce our carbon footprint induced by our direct and indirect emissions (scope 1, 2 and 3)
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We commit to continuously improve our systems/performance and to comply with the related legal obligations and voluntary agreements in all the countries where the group operates.
In carrying out its policy, we will comply with the following principles:
Regarding our Health and Safety policy, we undertake to:
- Eradicate severe accidents, improve accident management, and further audit & monitor standards,
- Raise the level of safety awareness of our people by appropriate training, efficient communication, and close monitoring of any unsafe conditions in order to correct them,
- Build a resilient safety culture and increase the participation of our workers by deploying the “Think Before Acting” (TBA) project.
“No production without the assurance of safety"
AGC Group motto
Concerning our Environmental policy, we undertake to:
- Develop products that contribute towards a sustainable development with a positive impact during their lifetime and designed to facilitate end-of-life reuse and recycling,
- Reduce AGEA environmental impact to achieve 30% reduction of our GreenHouse Gas (GHG) emissions by 2030, leading to AGC Group’s goal of Net Zero Emissions by 2050,
- Minimise air, water, and ground pollution during our activities,
- Save natural resources by promoting circularity of our products and reduce our water consumption.
With respect to our Social Responsibility policy, we undertake to:
- Promote and monitor diversity and inclusion at every level of the company by defining objective KPI and elaborating a dedicated action plan,
- Ensure that all our employees are managed with equity, whatever their ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.
Together, driven by sustainability, we aim at being the leader in our industry, in the transformation of markets and technologies.
Aiming to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
AGC Glass Europe is committed to reaching the AGC Group objectives and set out a roadmap to achieve carbon-neutral glass production by 2050.
Our roadmap to carbon neutrality
AGC's holistic approach to achieve CO2-neutral glass production by 2050, not only includes decarbonising the glass production processes but also eliminating all CO2 emissions from the supply chain upstream of our processes and other indirect emissions.
Our positive impact on environment
For each tonne of CO2 emitted by AGC Glass Europe activities, more than 9 tonnes of CO2 are avoided thanks to the use of our products!