We consider sustainable development as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility and as one of our most important values.
We are committed to developing products that contribute to sustainable development, and to reducing the environmental impact of the production processes.
Conscious of the important challenge facing our society, we promote the use of glass products that contribute to reducing greenhouse gas emissions during their use.
In carrying out its policy, AGC Glass Europe will comply with the following principles:
- Compliance with all environmental legislation and voluntary agreements signed in all countries where the Group operates.
- Monitoring the environmental burden of all the Group’s activities.
- Defining guidelines and action plans in order to reduce the environmental impact of the manufacturing activities, in an ongoing process of continuous improvement and pollution prevention.
- Developing products with a positive impact on the environment during their lifetime, designed to facilitate end-of-life recycling.
- Rational use of energy and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Promotion of a sustainable mobility plan for our employees and multi-modal transportation for our products.
- Conserving natural resources and biodiversity by promoting the recycling of materials for glass production, and reducing waste.
- Making environmental responsibility part of the day-to-day activities of the Group at all levels of management and operation, including customers and suppliers.
- Communicating with all stakeholders concerning the development of the Group’s environmental impact.